Thursday, April 2, 2009

Jaxon and Lauren Update

Jaxon and Lauren are 3 months old! I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone by; however, so much has happened in the last 3 months. The most significant, in the Jobes' lives for sure! While Tam was still on maternity leave, a pipe in the house burst and flooded the house. Naturally, it was a day that John was out of town so Tam had to deal with everything by herself and the MIL. I went to help as soon as I found out and after 2 hours solid of moving furniture, sucking up water and moving office files, I was exhausted. They had to completely move out of the house and into a hotel for a week and a half while there house was packed up, "fixed" and then moved back. Through it all, Tammy was amazing - she has changed so much since the birth of the babies - much more "go with the flow". I loved having them in the hotel because it was only about 5 minutes from me so I could stop by often. They are moved back into the house and Tammy started work last week. The babies are in a transition nursery that JP Morgan provides downtown so she can go check on them during lunch. John had to go to California last week for 2 nights so I stayed with Tam and the kiddos. It was an eventful week. Our great-aunt, Alice, passed away so the funeral was Wednesday. We made the trip to Brenham for the funeral and to visit with our grandparents and aunts and uncles. Jaxon woke up in the middle of the night both nights, and I was able to get him back to sleep with me (guess I did a good job as a "nanny")! Jax was running a low grade fever and ended up at the doctor on Friday. The doc said it was nothing major - congestion and low grade fever. It was so much fun to spend some quality time with them. They are so precious and are really good babies!

No comments: