Wednesday, October 8, 2008
HLSR 2009 - Already???
I cannot believe it is already time to begin working on Rodeo 2009. Last night I had a Rodeo meeting for rookie captains and assistant club chairpersons. I was a captain last year, but got promoted a couple of weeks before rodeo and did not get to attend any of the planning meetings or training workshops. Last night was very interesting and the more I learn about the Rodeo...the more proud I am to be a member of the volunteer team! It is amazing how many people give so much of their time to help kids go to college. It seems like all fun and games during the rodeo (and we do have a lot of FUN!), but the goal of the rodeo is to make money for scholarships. I have met a lot of fantastic people, some who will be friends of mine for life! If anyone in the Houston area is interested in volunteering their time, please let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment